THE MUTT STRUT & CHALLENGE
Fetch your sneakers and leash up your fur kid! Register today and join fellow dog lovers for the one mile Mutt Strut & Challenge to support Friends of Homeless Animal's mission of saving abandoned, abused and neglected companion animals. There are many ways to participate in the walk.
Join as an individual walker (with or without your dog) and collect donations and pledges from friends and family.
Walk in memory of or in honor of a beloved pet.
Form a Pack (great for groups, families or companies) and work toward fundraising goals together.
Be a member of the Cat Nappers/Let Sleeping Dogs Lie Club and participate as a fundraiser only.
The details: The walk will start at 9 a.m. with different waves of dogs every 3-5 minutes. Along the walk there will be challenges and obstacles your dog can attempt (none are required). The obstacles are evenly spaced to allow dogs to catch their breath.
1st – doggie mini hurdles
2nd – doggie long or short jump
3rd – tricks for treats
4th – teeter boards
5th – dog cone drills
6th – doggie dip
Fundraising through the Mutt Strut: Once you register, you can support FOHA by creating a personal fundraising page on FirstGiving. The individual who raises the most money will recognized on www.barktoberfest.org and social media as well as receiving a donated $250 gift card to PetsMart. The pack that raises the most money will receive recognition on www.barktoberfest.org, a pizza party and "fur"iffic promotional items.
Don't want to register? Check out the current teams and fundraisers and donate to an individual or team you would like to support. Go to FOHA's First Giving page to learn about the individual participants and teams dedicated to raising money for homeless pets.
Your participation matters because you are saving lives! Every year, animals are put down through no fault of their own. By participating in this event, you are helping FOHA to save and care for homeless animals. When a cat or a dog comes to FOHA, they are given a thorough medical exam, spayed or neutered (as necessary), micro-chipped, and loved until they find their “forever home”. We are a 100% no-kill shelter. We believe every cat and dog deserves a chance to find a loving family. We receive no tax dollars from our local or state government, which is why your fundraising is so important to us. All the money raised goes directly to the care of our cats and dogs.
- This event will take place rain or shine.
- One dog per walker.
- All dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Dogs only please, no cats, for their own safety.
- Each walker and dog must be registered.
- Corporate Banners for Barktoberfest Sponsors only.
- All dogs must be leashed (6 foot leashes, no flexilead type leashes please).
- All dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations.
- All dogs must be FRIENDLY to other dogs and to humans of all ages.
- Please pickup after your dog. Waste bags will be provided.
- Age 16 and up: $25 (t-shirt, goodie bag, and admission pass to the festival)
- $5 discount for Senior Citizens 65 and older
- Cat Nappers/Let Sleeping Dogs Club (fundraising only) $40 (t-shirt, goodie bag, and admission pass to the festival)
- Onsite Registration: $30 (t-shirts and goodie bags if available and admission pass to the festival)
Register online and provide a write up of why this event means so much to you.
Invite your friends to support you on your page.
Use the latest social media (twitter/facebook) to let others know you are participating. Add the link to the donate page and ask them to find you and donate.
Ask your company if they have a matching funds policy…..that could double your donation.
Send out emails to your faraway friends (not on Twitter or Facebook) and let them know what you are up to---link the donate page and ask them to consider helping you (us).
Be creative… put a collection cup on your desk at work, start collecting all your loose change a few months ahead of time, or ask your Bunco or Poker group to donate winnings to your donation page.